The term “social good” is used to describe an act or service that benefits society. Acts or services impact and benefit the largest number of people in a region in the largest way possible, and this is why the Pedro Pallares Foundation believes that if you want to make a difference, you can!!!! By applying yourself and supporting causes that matter to you, you can make a difference in the world. The scholarship program at the Pedro Pallares Foundation is made possible by the generous support and investment of its Board of Directors and their efforts in getting our community involved.
Since 2017, the Pedro Pallares Foundation (PPF) has partnered with San Jose City College (SJCC) and the community college system. This is part of our ongoing effort to support equity, diversity, and inclusion in under-resourced communities. In 2019, The Foundation President, Pete Pallares, was the SJCC inspirational commencement speaker to an audience of 6,000 people.
Here at the Pedro Pallares Foundation we offer scholarships based on field of study, financial need, academic performance and more. Each scholarship has its own set of criteria but most require 2.0 GPA and/or approval from counselor, supervisor or advocate.
If you have any questions related to your submitted scholarship application or our program in general please email us.
PPF EMERGENCY NEED FUND PROGRAM:
The PPF also has the Emergency Need Fund Program. This program was put together in order to assist students who are experiencing an unforeseen financial crisis that is creating a barrier to their student success. The program provides small grants to students who are experiencing a one-time financial hardship that is unlikely to occur again.
3 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:
How do I know if I qualify for a scholarship?
Most of our scholarships require students to be enrolled in at least 10 credits and have a 2.0 GPA or higher. If you’re unsure, please email us and we will answer any questions that you have.
No, you do not need to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for scholarships.
Yes, students who are not eligible for other types of aid, including FAFSA and WASFA, may still qualify for a scholarship.
These annual scholarships will be to scholars of honorable mention.
To be considered for a scholarship, the Pedro Pallares Foundation requires a completed application packet. Applicants MUST submit the following:
- Completed Application Form (on the right).
- A 200-250 word request/essay.
- Please address only the prompt.
- Recommendation from supervisor/counselor.
- Applicants are to submit a brief biography and recent photo of themselves. The photo will be used for publicity purposes on the PPF website.
- Applicants are to submit Proof of Enrollment as a Graduate Degree candidate at an accredited college/university/program in the United States.
- Candidates have three days to accept the scholarship award. If the selected candidate does not respond within the allotted time, another winner will be chosen.
- An annual Award Dinner will take place at our annual PPF to celebrate and congratulate the Pedro Pallares Foundation awardees.
- Scholarship funds will be dispersed to the awardees via check and are mailed out after the scholarship award is accepted by the nominee.
- Applicants must have a minimum duration of 1-year of part-time or full-time employment at their current employer.
- Approval from their Regional Director (1 paragraph in length).
- Must possess or show proof of enrollment in a master’s degree program within the space of autism, education, psychology, or behavior analysis.
- Applicants must be BCBA-bound and able to show proof of acceptance/enrollment to an accredited BCBA program.
For further information or questions about applying for a scholarship, contact us at The Pedro Pallares Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org